Thursday, October 05, 2006

Iteawon

As we started our day trip to Iteawon, which is in the middle of Seoul, James started to make oregame flowers and gave them to little girls and grown women when he finished one. The effect was the same... a little blushing and a smile on the faces of the recipient and the onlookers. I think James made at least 20 of them. Funny how how three minutes of artwork can brighten a persons day.



We were starving by lunch time. This picture shows everything we ate except the large plate of sticy rice covered with a fried egg called Bibimbap. This Bibimbap was slightly different than the first one I had when I first arrived in Korea. This version was equally tasty. I didn't eat that fish... and the seaweed soup went down with the thought "this is good for you." Note the oregame flowers on the table.



This is where James and I decided to spend the afternoon juggling. It was pretty windy under the bridge but we stayed and passed clubs anyway. It was a lot of fun to be there. Seems like such a random place to juggle... under a bridge in the Iteawon area of Seoul, Korea, but it was worth it. There was a lot of foot and bike traffic through that spot, so we got to entertain a bunch of people and visit an interesting recreational area of Seoul.



James put an oregome flower in between the cement bricks and so I asked him to make a few more for me so I could take some photos of them. This is probably my favorite photo of the bunch that I took.



I couldn't resist taking a ton of photos so I could get a good shot of the view from under this bridge. This one was taken just before we left. The pillars are huge and the tunnel that they form looks adventurous.



For dinner, I asked James if we could eat some Arabic food. He agreed and we went to Ali Baba's. I thought the ambiance was very nice... great Arabic music and an Egyptian decor. The food on the other hand was a rip-off. The Crystal Palace in Corvallis, Oregon has their food beat by a long mile. James was feeling fun, so he ordered a bottle of wine and a hooka with apricot flavored tobacco.



James had to stop for a cigarette before we went into the subway to go home. While we were waiting, he met Sky, a young manager of a dance bar. Sky was having fun with his handcuffs and he and James started talking. Well James carries a handcuff key on his necklace, and is wasn't long before Sky asked James to try his key. The key got stuck and Sky and his coworkers spent the next hour trying to figure out how to get the key out. Eventually, Sky had to accept that the key wasn't coming out and some serious tools were. The tool that worked... the file. A few minutes of filing and Sky was free.



I thought the whole incident was stupid enough to warrent a group photo.


I wound up going home by my self because James was still feeling like having fun. James stayed at the club with his new friends until 3am. When he got home by taxi ride, he discovered he couldn't pay the $35 fare. Due to a miscommunication between Jame and the Korean, there was a scuffle. James was arrested, however, the next day, both were charged with Korean's version of disorderly conduct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home