Monday, September 17, 2007

사랑의 매 (Love's Stick)

Here are some more photos of "love sticks" for you. I've been teaching at new schools for new teachers, so I had to add some photos to the collection.

I even came up with a funny theory for my students. I told them I think the Korean teachers don't go home after school at night. Instead they go out hunting and killing people becuase they are really ninjas. That usually gets a few good laughs.


This stick is a really hard piece of wood. Probably the hardest stick I've seen.


This is the second orange bat I've seen. Never seen them used, so I wonder if they are for hitting the hands, typical punishment style, or some other use.


I've seen one other stick like this one. This is actually 3 flexible rulers taped together with a strong tape. Notice the pig and flower on the end? I wonder if that is supposed to take the sting off of the hits...


These are the largest sticks I've seen. Both belong to the same teacher. I can't imagine how the one on the right is used.


Here you have a drumstick. Students told me this one really hurts.


Here is some kind of flexible stick with tape. The flexible sticks probably give a little more sting than the stiff ones.


This one looks like an old Kendo stick, something used in martial arts... ninjas?


The other orange bat and a stick I think was made for punishing children.


It has hearts on it. How cute!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 9, 2007 at 7:31 PM, Blogger master said...

OH,it seems really hirt!@
Hello,김아싸teacher.
I'm dyb's student.
My name is Jo sang woo.

There are many kinds of lovesticks.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Blogger Alex said...

The worst I saw at my previous school, 마리아회고등학교 in 목포 was one creepy old man's use of his practice-swing golf club. You know those mini-golf clubs. Metal, with detachable swing-weights? yeah, that's what he used...
I'd further defame him by using his name, but I never knew it. (teacher's were often described to me by students by what their weapons looked like). And I can't find the faculty pictures page on the school's webpage.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Korean girls need disipline. These sticks are a good thing and hopefully they're used often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home