Friday, March 28, 2008

Fukuoka Visa Run (Part 2)

In this post I will show some of the Art I came across in Fukuoka.

I have a new interest in what I call "city art", the artwork that you come across in cities. There is probably an official name of that style of art, but I haven't learned it yet. I have been taking a few photographs of this sort of art in Seoul and will eventually upload the photos I take.


This first photo is from the area outside of the Fukuoka Dome, where baseball games are played. It is also close to the Hardrock Cafe.


I found this in the city center. There is another matching "pissing boy fountian" on the other side. In Korea, they don't make fountains like this because you can see people pissing on the side of the street on any given night. ;-)


This thing was on display in the Fukuoka airport. It is carried on a large rack in a street parade by a bunch of men and while 3 men sit near the edge of the front of the rack. I know this because there are two pictures of it being used on display as well. I couldn't figure out what the celebration it is used for is about.

On one side is a red figure and on the other is a blue figure.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home