Friday, March 28, 2008

Fukuoka Visa Run (Part 3)

In this post about Fukuoka I will show some photos of the Architecture I saw.

I have recently become interested in the architecture of Korea, of which I will make posts about later on. Naturally this interest spilled over into my trip to Fukuoka.


This first photo is of the gate outside of the Korean consulate in Fukuoka. I like the yin-yang design in the wall. The yin-yang is also a part of the Korean flag.



This is a photo of the Korean consulate from inside the gate. I couldn't get all of the building in the photo, but you can get an idea of what the design was like from these photos. I thought the building was pretty cool.


I don't know the name of this building, which is just down the street from the Korean consulate. It is supposed to look like a ship. The dome looking thing on the side is a large hall used for events. At the time I walked by, it was set up for a wedding.


Here is a closer image from the side as I approached the beach.


Here is how the building looks while standing on the beach. The beach and general area of Fukuoka, I was told, is land reclaimed from the sea.


I really like this photo. If you look down the beach, you can see the Fukuoka tower. The beach is picture perfect. So clean and smooth, like every place in Fukuoka. It really seems the Japanese take a lot of pride in the cleanliness and orderliness of the country.


This is a good example of the basic city architecture. The buildings were mostly brown, beige, or gray colored. Most had outdoor stair wells. There were simple, clean, and had very few signs on them. If there was a sign, it usually blended or added some kind of style to the scenery.


I thought this office building looked interesting.


This one too.


I found an interesting looking church across from the moat of the ruins of an ruined castle. The ruins were really boring because the only thing left of the castle were the giant walls. There was some excavation going on and a sign in English saying they were going to try to restore parts.


A close up of the church.

Overall, the city was much cleaner than anything you can find in Korea. I like Korea, but the people here don't keep it clean. People piss, puke, and spit all over the place. Trashcans are meaningless to many, and signs have taken over some city areas like the creature from the movie "The Blob".

Fukuoka was much more expensive than Korea, and Korea has better food. So I think Japan remains a nice place to vacation and Korea a nice place to save money.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home