Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fukuoka Visa Run Part (Part 4)

In this post I will show some pictures from Ohori Koen Park in Fukuoka. It is a lake with a large pathway around it for people to run, jog, or walk. Of course it has benches for people to relax on as well. You can even rent small boats to paddle or peddle around in. One particularly neat thing are the three little islands that connect with little bridges for people to cross the middle.


In this photo you can see the willow trees that line the edge of the lake. I especially like willows. They use them along the river parks in Korea. I think they give the landscape a soft and relaxing look.

You can also see a pathway just on the edge of the lake for people to stroll casually. A little further back is the really wide path for people intending to exercise. My host told me but I forgot the distance around the lake. It must be nearly 1.5 miles (2.4 km).


Here is another cool feature of the lake. It's a small island with what looks like a dead tree on it. The tree is full of black birds. It looks like it may have been intended as a bird sanctuary.


This little hut extends from the islands in the middle of the lake. As seen through the trees with the city skyline behind it.


As seen from the entrance.


My last photo is of the the bridge that takes you from the islands back to the outer edge of the park.

I think visiting this park is a great way to enjoy some peace on a trip through Fukuoka. I'm really lucky that my Couchsurfing.com host lived just 3 minutes from it's edge. Thanks Mies!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home