Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hike up Namsan

In late April I went for a hike up Namsan, a small foothill in the center of Seoul. You can take a tram up to the top where Namsan tower is. I did this with my parents in September 2007. This time I walked from Itaewon station to the Hilton Hotel, where across the street is a flower park and an entrance to the footpath to Namsan.




From the flower park, you can walk up a trail until you reach this road that goes the rest of the way to the top. You don't need to walk on the trail at all. You can start at the bottom of the road and follow it to the top. Pedestrians share the road with tour buses.

This particular day was beautiful because the flower pedals on the trees were blowing in the wind as they fell to the ground. I especially enjoy such moments as they only happen briefly.



From a small lookout platform I took a photo of the city smog and of Namsan Tower. The top of Namsan Tower is a 360 degree observatory.


Ancient Koreans used these chambers to send smoke signals for communication.




On my way back down through the flower park I took some more photos. I liked how these came out.

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Blogger JOLLY ROGER said...

HOW DO YOU DO... KOREANS

Intelligent design

The Korean government are forward thinkers. Some bright spark at the internal affairs office realised that instead of buying costly street sweepers they could just use bored middle aged women. Thusly every Korean mother or aunt is bowlegged, shaped like a question mark and smells of bins. But those street corners, wow.

...MORE AT lifestyleguides.blogspot.com

 
At October 27, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Blogger Kurosawafan said...

Do you still need directions to the MMA club in Daegu? If so, shoot me an e-mail at aquilak@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home