Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busan Trip (Day 2)

My second day in Busan was as good as the first with the addition of sunny weather for the most part of the day. I wanted to take advantage of the clear skies for photography, so I headed back toward the APEC house to retrace my steps from the previous day.


My Korean friends living in Busan told me that these are the most expensive apartments in Busan. There's no doubt why. They are new, overlook Haeundae Beach, overlook the bay, and Gwangan Bridge.



I added the top picture to show how the apartments are located in respect to Gwangan Bridge. The lower picture is a close up of the 7,420 meter bridge, longest bridge in Korea.


This is the road that takes you to the APEC House. In this photo, I'm looking back down the road from where I came. Hear are some seagulls resting on a lamp pole. As you can see from the coloration of the road, this is a dangerous lamp to walk under.


Here is an interesting looking tree growing outside of the APEC House.


Here is a shot of the APEC House from an observation platform.


Looking the other way, you can see most of Hauendae Beach.


I found my way back to the beach for sunset. I met some young Korean high school boys while I was sitting there, so I got another chance to practice Korean. I could understand about 20% of what they said because they were speaking really fast and using words I don't know. It was a good chance for practice anyways.


I knew Busan would be a great place to have seafood, so I jumped into a taxi and said I want to eat Jogae-guwee (조개구이). He took me for a 10 minute ride to a great restaurant. This is a blurry photo, but you can get the idea. Basically, you cook shells over charcoal until they are ready to eat.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Some nice photos in this set and the previous Busan one.

 
At November 27, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Blogger Ed Provencher said...

Thanks... It's a shame I've grown tired of posting. I've traveled a lot this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home